JULY 14-15, 2018
COST: $65 per person
LOCATION: HIWASSEE RIVER, RELIANCE, TN
LATE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
LATE REGISTRATION: +$20; students admitted at instructor discretion
Send questions to Tiffany Henderson at email@example.com.
This class provides an opportunity for you to learn how to help yourself and your paddling friends whenever you run into trouble on a whitewater river.
Examples of what is covered during the weekend include:
• How to throw and catch a throw rope
• Simple mechanical advantage systems
• Swimming with and without your boat/paddle
• Wading in current
• Boat-based rescues - boat-over-boat, T-rescues, bow rescues, deep water re-entry
This course will be taught by Swiftwater Rescue trained instructors. Students will need to have some basic comfort with their paddling skills ON WHITEWATER before embarking on the training. A roll is not necessary in order to take this class. You must furnish and keep up with your own equipment for the class.
A TSRA membership is required to register for Basic River Rescue. An annual family membership is only $25. Your membership dues help fund river and watershed conservation and river access in the state of Tennessee.
YOUR REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
1. Professional quality training in basic river rescue techniques over two days.
2. Two nights at the Hiwassee Outfitters Campground. Make sure to bring your own tent and camping gear.
3. Dinner Saturday evening.
TSRA Schools are organized and run by volunteers. Our volunteers need enough time to reserve staff, equipment and facilities, plan meals, and do a host of other things. Deadline for registration is Friday, July 6th, 2018. No refunds will be available after this date. After this date, all registrations will be charged an additional $20 and admitted only if instructors are available.