B Y L A W S
BELLEVUE WOMEN’S NINE HOLE GOLF CLUB
Article I: Terms used in these Bylaws
- Bulletin Board: The board is used for posting notices at the Bellevue Golf Course clubhouse.
- Notices made available: Notices will be distributed electronically.
- Fiscal Year: The current 12-month period of January 1 to December 31.
- Quorum: A majority of all members present.
- Majority: More than half of the votes cast at a legal meeting where a quorum is present.
- Board of Directors: All elected officers and committee chairpersons.
- Present: A member is present by responding or participating in person or electronically.
Article II: Meeting
- Regular meetings shall be scheduled by the Board of Directors.
- Special meetings shall be called by the Captain or at the direction of the Board of Directors by notification one week prior to such meetings.
- There shall be at least two general membership meetings during the year to keep the membership aware of club business and events.
Article III: Nomination and Election of Officers
- Officers shall hold office for the period of one fiscal year.
- The Board of Directors shall appoint the nominating committee at least 60 days prior to the election of the following year’s officers. This committee shall notify the membership 30 days prior to voting, typically at the Celebrations Banquet.
- The nominating committee shall consist of five members in good standing, one of whom shall be a Board Member. The committee of five will choose their own Chairman.
- Additional nominations for each office shall be made from the membership with the consent of the nominee.
- If the Captain is nominated for re-election, the Captain-Elect or other officers in their order shall conduct the election. In the event all incumbents are nominated for re-election, the chair of the nominating committee shall conduct the election.
- The election of officers shall be by written or electronic ballot unless only one person is nominated for any office. In that case, the presiding officer may instruct the Secretary to cast a unanimous ballot for the nominee.
- Election shall depend on majority of members voting.
Article IV: Duties of Officers
- The CAPTAIN shall serve as Chairperson of the Board of Directors. She shall preside at all meetings, appoint all committee chairs (except nominating committee), sign all warrants with the Treasurer and take care of all business of the club not assigned to other officers.
- The CAPTAIN-ELECT shall perform the duties of the Captain in her absence. She shall learn about all aspects of the club in preparation for becoming Captain the following year. If the office of the Captain should become vacant, the Captain-Elect shall become Captain. The Captain Elect is the Chair of the annual Club Championship tournament.
- The SECRETARY shall keep a record of the minutes of all board and general meetings, post meeting and other notices, and conduct the club.
- The TREASURER shall have custody of all funds of the club, keep a record of all collections and disbursements, sign all warrants with the Captain, and provide a financial report at board and general meetings. The Treasurer, Captain, past Captain and Captain-Elect will meet at the beginning of the fiscal year to establish a preliminary budget prior to the first Executive Board meeting.
- The MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY shall send out new member and renewal packets in January and submit them to the Treasurer, and keep a current roster of all members.
- The HANDICAP SECRETARY shall be in charge of maintaining the GHIN Handicap System.
Article V: Board of Directors
- On behalf of this Club, the Board of Directors shall:
- consider all matters concerning this Club and present their recommendations at the meetings of this Club.
- supervise all finances and appoint an annual auditor.
- fill vacancies that may occur in the offices by appointment until a special election.
- assume authority to act in all cases of emergency.
- All acts of the Board of Directors must be approved by two-thirds vote of the Board members, either in person, via electronic means or telephone vote.
- The Executive Committee will consist of the elected officers.
Article VI: Dues
- The Board of Directors will set the amount of annual dues.
- A member who has not paid a full annual membership shall be ineligible to vote at any meeting nor participate in Club competition without the approval of the Board of Directors.
Article VII: Competition
- To be eligible for any competition or tournament, a player must have an established handicap with the USGA that can be established after 54 holes of golf on approved courses, or a temporary handicap that can be assigned by the competition chairperson.
- The Weekly Competition chairperson and/or committee will decide the various regular weekly competitions.
- There will be equal, set handicap divisions to ensure competition between comparable handicaps. Winners will be paid in each division. Divisions may be subject to change, monthly, if necessary. The amount of winnings will be determined annually by the Board of Directors.
- The Executive Committee and the Tournament Chairpersons will designate the major tournaments.
- Club Championship: To be eligible to participate, a member must have played at least 6 rounds of weekly competition during the season, prior to the start of the tournament.
Article VIII: Handicaps
- Handicaps will be computed according to the USGA.
Article IX: Eclectics
- Eclectic scores will be computed by listing the lowest score on each hole throughout the season. The scores will be added for a nine-hole total and the handicap will be subtracted. Awards will be given to the players with the lowest net scores. A player must post at least 14 rounds of golf to be eligible.
Article X: Hole-in-One
- Each year an amount shall be budgeted toward hole-in-one expenses and party at the discretion of the Board.
Article XI: Parliamentary Authority
- Roberts Rules of Order shall be parliamentary authority on all matters not covered by the Constitution and Bylaws of the organization.
Revised May 1993, Aug 1997, July 2006, July 2008, Sept 2019, Mar 2020, Mar 2021, Mar 2022