Permission and Liability Release
I am aware that the mission trip to (location Applying for) poses risks including but not limited to: sickness, crime, political instability, governmental opposition, personal injury, death, as well as similar and dissimilar risks. I am voluntarily participating in the mission trip with the knowledge of the risks involved. I hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death that may result from my participation in the mission trip. As consideration for being accepted by u-Turn ministry to participate in a mission trip to (location applying for) as consideration for u-Turn Ministry assisting in arranging the mission trip, and for other good and valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue or attach the property of International Projects, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, members, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively referred to as the “Releasees”), for and from all claims of any nature now or hereafter existing whether known or unknown, including but not limited to all liability, on account of death, injury, or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, however caused, of the Releasees as a result of my participation in the mission trip. I understand that I am giving up my legal rights and the rights of my representatives to recover for injury, death, or property damage. Further, authorization and permission is hereby given to said organization to furnish any necessary transportation, food, and lodging for this participant. The undersigned further hereby agrees to hold harmless and indemnify said Releasees for any liability sustained by said organization as the result of the negligent, willful, or intentional acts of said participant, including expenses incurred attendant thereto. If during the course of this mission trip I or my child-participant should become ill or sustain an injury requiring medical attention, I hereby authorize mission trip team leaders to obtain emergency medical services on my behalf. I will assume financial responsibility for the bills incurred. I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself on the one hand, and u-Turn Ministry and/or their affiliates on the other hand. No oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from this agreement have been made to me. I sign this agreement of my own free will.
Medical and Liability Release
I understand that by signing below I am allowing the group leader the right to seek medical attention in case of a medical emergency for me. I hereby authorize any necessary examination, anesthetic, dental, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment by any duly licensed physician or dentist and hospital service that may be deemed necessary while participating on this mission trip.
In an emergency, I give my permission to a licensed physician to hospitalize or anesthetize me, or perform surgery on me. I understand that every effort will be made to inform my emergency contact before these actions are taken.
Short-Term Mission Trip Team Covenant
As a body united in Christ, consecrated to the task of sharing His love, we covenant with one another before God to:
Pray together before all major decisions and events, including travel, and work days.
Share openly and unashamedly our thoughts, joys and fears with one another.
Share our experiences with one another, both good and bad.
Pray for one another daily in faith, and bear one another’s burdens in love.
Never trivialize someone else’s feelings or betray a confidence.
Refrain from engaging in sarcastic humor.
Clear up any grievances we have with one another before the sun goes down.
Speak honestly with one another.
Assume the best of each other’s motives in any situation.
Always be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
As a member of this team, I agree to:
1. Remember that I am representing Jesus Christ as well as Faith Community Church. I will model Jesus in my behavior and attitude.
2. Remember that I am a guest working at the invitation of my hosts. I will remember the missionary’s prayer: “Where you lead me I will follow. What they feed me I will swallow.”
3. Remember that we have come to learn, as well as to teach. I’ll resist the temptation to inform our hosts about “how we do things.” I’ll be open to learning about other people’s methods and ideas.
4. Respect the host’s view of “questionable things” recognizing that Christianity has many faces throughout the world and that the purpose of this trip is to experience faith lived out in a new setting.
5. Develop and maintain a servant attitude toward all ministry partners/nationals and my teammates.
6. Respect my team leader(s) and his or her decisions.
7. Refrain from gossip.
8. Refrain from complaining. I know that travel can present numerous unexpected and undesired circumstances, but the rewards of conquering such circumstances are
innumerable. Instead of whining and complaining, I’ll be creative and supportive.
9. Attend all team meetings before the trip as well as any follow‐up meetings.
10. Remember not to be exclusive in my relationships. If my boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse is on the team, we will make every effort to interact with all the members of the team.
11. Refrain from any activity that could be construed as romantic interest in a national or teammate.
12. Refrain from illegal drugs and abstain from consumption of alcoholic beverages or the use of tobacco while on this trip.
13. Refrain from teaching or the practice of any belief that would be contrary to the Word of God.
14. I agree to abide by Faith Community Church’s solicitation guidelines.
15. Remember that I can be sent home if I do not adhere to this Covenant or if my Team Leader believes it is in my best interest or that of the team.
By signing this application form, I hereby grant permission to u-Turn Ministry to the rights, without payment or any other consideration, of my image, likeness, and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video tape. Photographic, audio, or video recordings may be used by u-Turn Ministry for the following purposes: informational presentations, promotional materials, newsletters, website, Facebook, and Twitter.
Notice of Understanding
Completion of this application may not necessarily guarantee a place on the respective mission trip.
Each application will be reviewed by u-Turn Ministry staff.
It is my responsibility to secure the necessary finances for the mission trip.
In the event that I raise funds for the mission trip that exceed its cost, the excess funds will be considered a donation to u-Turn Ministry work in (Location applying for).
I understand that the team leader(s) reserves the right to ask me to return home if my behavior is destructive to the team, the ministry, or the host community. Any additional costs incurred, as a result of this action, will be my responsibility.
The information on this application form and on any attached forms is correct to the best of my knowledge. Additionally, I have read and agree to the Permission and Liability Release, Medical and Liability Release, Short-Term Mission Trip Team Covenant Photo/Video Release and, and Notice of Understanding.
I authorize any references to release all such information, as it will assist in the evaluation of my participation on u-Turn Ministry mission trip.