Thank you for volunteering to captain a USTA League team. The leagues could not run without dedicated captains, like yourself.
Please complete this form and submit it before your team plays its first match.
Are you captaining more than 6 teams this season? You are a dedicated captain! You will need to fill out another captain's agreement form for any additional teams over 6.
1. Before or by the start of the season, I agree that my team has enough players to ensure we will be able to fill all courts weekly, without default. Before putting any player in a line-up, I will make sure they are on the TennisLink team roster and have paid any and all fees associated with our home facility.
2. I agree to be added to the captain's ditribution group in Constant Contact. I understand that I can opt out of receiving future emails after the season is over, however, that if I opt out, I will be be unable to receive future emails at my current email address.
3. My computer settings are configured to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
4. I will remind my players to settle any court fees with our home facility prior to the first match. I understand that if a player plays in a match and has not payed his/her court fees, that they might be defaulted from that match.
5. The Spring Captain's Meeting is required for all captains. All other captain meetings are optional unless you are a new captain. If I am required to attend the Captain's Meeting but am unable, my co-captain, or another member of my team, will attend. If the meeting is held online/virtual, I agree to view the meeting by the deadline listed on our website. The meeting date and location can be found on the USTA League Message Board, the season calendar listed on each league page (go to the USTA League Page and click on the league to get to the calendar), the WWTA Facebook page, as well as the WWTA and USTA_NC_CTRL Twitter accounts.
6. I will confirm that the following things are correct on TennisLink: my team's home facility, my contact information, my co-captain's contact information (if necessary).
7. I will alert my team once our schedule is posted on TennisLink and make sure they are aware of all matches, including ones that may be different than our scheduled playday and match times.
8. I will contact the opposing captain at least 2 days prior to match day, letting them know any important information regarding the match (match location, staggered courts, facility court instructions)
9. I will have a scorecard, with the lineup listed, ready to exchange 5 minutes before match time and will be sure my team's matches start on time. After the match, I will confirm the scores and enter them on TennisLink with the correct date that the match was played within 48 hours of the match. If it was a make-up, I will enter the date the match was played as the date the last court was made up. Remember: either team can enter the scores!
10. I understand the make up procedures including that a match date and time must be set for each court within the 10 days following the originally scheduled match. If the courts aren't set, I will contact the LLC for assistance. I also understand that we have four weeks from the original match date to play the match or risk a default.
11. I have read and understand the USTA League Rules and Regulations.
12. I understand that information regarding the leagues can be found on WWTA's USTA Webpages, Facebook and Twitter (@USTA_NC_CTRL and @WWTA_NC) and also that LLC will send important league update emails with information.
Captain's Quick Links
Request to be Removed from a Team
Central Carolina Twitter Page and the USTA Leagues Message Board for important updates (weather, playoffs, etc.)
Town of Cary Tennis Program Status Page (times and locations of all Town of Cary home matches)
Town of Holly Springs Tennis Court Schedule (courts reserved for matches at Ting Park)
Request to Change a Scorecard
Rules and Regulations
Lineup Exchange Form