"Artscape 22" by David Heckman
DEL RAY ARTISANS AND UNION 206 STUDIO
Open to all area artists
CALL FOR ENTRY
A Photography Exhibition
at Del Ray Artisans Gallery
October 6 - 29, 2017
Entry Deadline: Saturday, August 26 by Midnight
Curator: David Heckman, email@example.com
Del Ray Artisans and Union 206 Studio are seeking fine art photography that showcases artists’ visions of beauty. Fine art photography is about how the artist communicates their vision, whether an idea, a message, or an emotion. This may be something small, like a single word such as symmetry, or it may be a whole statement, like exploring the way the light falls over the nude form. The camera is merely a tool to make an art piece that reveals the artist’s vision and produces a more personal – typically more evocative or atmospheric, yet aesthetic – statement. Art pieces will demonstrate careful staging, composition and lighting of the subject, as well thoughtful post-processing techniques (if desired) and selection of production material to make an individual expression.
Entry to this exhibit is by online submission. Artists are invited to submit original, two-dimensional photographic images. The final and accepted artwork may not be larger than 20” x 30”, including framing and matting. Frameless, professionally mounted images are acceptable, such as images on acrylic, aluminum, and canvas. No unframed foam core mounted prints will be admitted. Art should be ready to hang or display with wire and screw eyes, mounting and/or display stand, framed, matted, or with edges finished. We cannot show work that is not ready for exhibition. See DelRayArtisans.org/exhibits/art-guidelines for additional details.
Contact the curator if you have questions.
● Open to all area artists.
● Artists may submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork. A series of photos intended to be sold as a single-set count as one entry. The entry fee is $10 per piece; $5 per piece for members of Union 206 Studio and Del Ray Artisans. There is no charge for Full-Time Students (proof of full-time status required). Deadline for online submission of your art is midnight on Saturday, August 26, 2017.
● Entry fees are due upon submission and are non-refundable - pay with cash, check, or credit card at the gallery or by credit card online at: squareup.com/market/del-ray-artisans/item/captured-beauty-entry-fee
● You must provide one photo for each entry. Acceptable file types are: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, and gif; up to 5MB in file size. Smart phone photos are acceptable. You may also choose to provide one additional photograph per entry (not required). You must name your files as follows: "YourLastName-FirstName-Entry1," "YourLastName-FirstName-Entry2", etc. If you provide a second photo for an entry, add a "b" to the end - e.g. "YourLastName-FirstName-Entry1b". If you provide a series of photos intended to be sold as a single-set, provide a single photo that combines each photo into a single file.
● Final acceptance for this exhibit will be at the curator’s discretion upon physically viewing accepted artwork at Artwork Receiving.
● All artwork must be for sale. We will not accept pieces marked "NFS.".
● This exhibit will have an associated “Art-To-Go” marketplace opportunity.
Art-To-Go Marketplace Details:
Bin art/matting should be 18”x24” or less to fit safely into our print racks.
Smaller bin submissions must be attached to a foam core at least 8”x10”.
Art-To-Go entries will be accepted during Artwork Receiving on
Sunday, October 1, 2017 from 6-8pm and Monday, October 2, 2017 from 6-8pm
Art-To-Go entry fees are $3 per piece, or $10 for up to five (5) pieces.
There is a maximum of 5 Art-To-Go items per artist.
We will provide a separate entry form for Art-To-Go entries and fees are payable when the art is delivered at Artwork Receiving.