Arts International Regional Juried Art Exhibit 2017 Celebrating 50 Years!!
Hosted by El Paso Art Association at the
El Paso International Museum of Art
1211 Montana 79902 IMA: 915.543.6747
Exhibit Schedule 2017
Deadline for submission & fee August 1,Tuesday
Email notification sent by August 12, Sunday
Drop-off artwork at IMA August 30, Wednesday 10am-5pm
Open of Show September 2, Saturday 1pm-5pm
OPENING RECEPTION & Awards September 9, Saturday 4pm-7pm
Exhibit closes & pick up October 4, Wednesday 10am-5pm
Entering Arts International 2017 is available via this form only. SCROLL DOWN to enter your info into the form.
NON Refundable entry Fee:
$45 members or $65 non- members Submit 1 to 3 pieces of artwork
Enter and pay online or make checks or money orders (in US dollars) payable to:
EL PASO ART ASSOCIATION 500 W. Paisano 79901
Become a member today: www.elpasoartassociation.com
It is the artist’s responsibility to provide his/her insurance during the exhibition if they so choose. The El Paso Art Association, Inc., their officers, employees and agents, nor any of the sponsors, in-kind sponsors, nor any and all others involved with the exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage to any artwork. The rules and specifications as expressed in this Prospectus apply only to Arts International 2017 and supersede all other rules, published or implied.
Best of Show $1000
1st Place $700
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $400
Judge’s Recognition Awards ($50 each)
Many Sponsor and Memorial Awards
El Paso Scene Cover Award selected by Randy Limbird
Judge: Lyuba TIVOTETS
Juror: Robert HIGHSMITH
Juror: Kimberly Rene’ VANECEK
Juror: Rosario PONTE
This exhibition is open to all USA residents, the state of Chihuahua, MX and EPAA Members in good standing regardless of residence location.
• Ethics in Art standard for this show: Entries must be original in execution and have been created in the last 3 years. Artwork created under the supervision of an instructor is not eligible. Artwork must not be copied, in part or wholly, from any published/copyrighted work. Artwork determined to fail these standards will be rejected by the Exhibition Committee. Source material must be made available to EPAA on request. Any entry considered offensive or not meeting exhibition criteria may be rejected by the exhibition committee at its sole discretion.
• The jurors will be solely responsible for acceptance of art for the exhibition and the judge’s award decisions will be final. Multiple entries of any artist may be accepted and receive awards at the discretion of the Judge.
• Artwork must not have been accepted to any previous art show or exhibit sponsored by the El Paso Art Association.
Artwork from the following categories will be accepted:
Oil or Alkyd
Aqua Media: watercolor, gouache and acrylic.
Mixed Media: pastel, egg tempera, pencil, pen and ink, scratchboard, collage, encaustic, and any other mixed media combination.
Sculpture: stone, clay, bronze, wood, and mixed media. Metal pieces must be an artist’s proof and inscribed A/P. Sculptures must have two photographic images per piece (front and back view)
Printmaking: monotypes, lithographs, serigraphs - Prints must be original and labeled A/P and limited to an edition of no more than 50 prints. Prints must be hand pulled by the artist.
Fiber Art: 2d or 3d, artwork must be stable and ready to hang on wall or placed on pedestal supplied by artist.
• Maximum size: 55” wide & 65” high INCLUDING frame.
• Minimum size: 16”x20” either direction including frame or 320 sq in
• Sculptures: may not exceed 24 inches wide and 60 inches high, including pedestal, with a maximum weight of 150 pounds. The artist must provide his/her own pedestal. The artist must deliver and position his or her sculpture before the show and remove it after the show.
• Diptych: counts as two entries; Triptych: counts as three entries, even if framed together. The maximum size of a diptych or triptych may not exceed 55” wide & 65” high INCLUDING frame.
• Framing: All artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped, dust and finger print free and ready for hanging with wire and D-Ring preferred (NO saw tooth hangers). Plexiglas type covering must be used on paper works and pastels. The Exhibition Committee has the right to refuse artwork which does not meet size and framing specifications.
• Sales: All accepted artwork must be for sale. The El Paso Art Association will retain a 30% commission on all sales (final sale price). EPAA will collect and pay state sales tax. All artwork is subject to a 10% discount if necessary to facilitate a sale of the piece during the Preferred Buyers preview event (TBD).
• Artists: All artists whose work is accepted must be available to participate in publicity efforts, if requested. The artist agrees that his or her name may be used in advertising and promoting of the event. While the artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the works, the artist consents to the use of reproductions of the works for promotional purposes, at the sole discretion of the Exhibition Committee.
• Judging: Only designated members of the Exhibition Committee who are not entered in the show may be present during judging.
• Pick up: All artwork must be removed on the date designated for pick up, at the time designated. A $10 per day/ per piece storage fee will be assessed for artwork not picked up by this time.
• Shipping: Artists are responsible for ALL shipping costs. A PREARRANGED and PREPAID return shipping label MUST be provided with each package
• Rules: These rules and specifications will be strictly enforced.
• Attendance: We encourage each selected artist to attend Opening Reception Gala and invite friends and family.