To the Potential Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in LEADERSHIP SOUTHWEST, Inc. for the 2018-2019 program year. LSW’s mission is to promote and enhance education in civic and community affairs, and encourage volunteerism in Southwest Dallas County. Please complete this application as accurately and completely as possible.
Class members are chosen by the Leadership Southwest, Inc. Selection Committee, and invited by the full Board of Directors to participate. We are looking for applicants who are both knowledgeable of Southwest Dallas and aspire to become leaders in the Southern Dallas community.
- Must be willing to fulfill the program attendance requirements.
- Must have full support of their employers or sponsoring organization.
- Should have a demonstrated concern for their community.
- Should have a record of achievement and/or desire to achieve in community/civic activities.
- Should possess high standards of excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Will be given special consideration if they are an individual member or their employer company is a member in good standing of one of the four sponsoring chambers of commerce (Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, Lancaster,).
Please read carefully. Failure to follow instructions will prevent your application from being considered. An application fee of $25.00 is required to be sent with the application. Failure to include the application fee will result in the application not being given consideration.
- Limit answers to the available space for each question; additional pages will not be considered. Fill out each question as applicable.
- Do not send resumes or brochures; additional correspondence will not be considered.
- Include two (2) completed Recommendation Forms (included with this application) from persons other than the employer. The Recommendation Forms can be submitted by business associates, community service or civic involvement colleagues, or LSW alumni.
- Recommendation Forms can be sent separately through regular mail or electronically to email@example.com.
- Typed applications are preferred. If you print, please ensure that the information is legible.
For further information, contact the Executive Director Amanda Skinner, IOM, at 214.535.8818 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Applications must be received by July 31
If accepted as a participant for the Class of 2019, you will be notified by email. Tuition is due upon your acceptance into the program. Tuition ($795 for Chamber Members; $895 for non-members) must be paid BEFORE August 1st in order to participate – no exceptions.
We look forward to receiving your application for participation.