2017 IEOTC @ IMA
International Eye of the Camera 2017- Prospectus
Regional Juried Photography Exhibit
IEOTC 2017 will take place at the historic IMA:
International Museum of Art (IMA)
1211 Montana Ave, El Paso, TX 79902 915.543.6747 www.internationalmuseumofart.net
This exhibition is open to all USA residents, the state of Chihuahua, MX and EPAA & IMA Members in good standing regardless of residence location.
Exhibit Schedule 2017:
Deadline for Submission & Fee June 4, Sunday
Email Notification Sent June 16, Friday
Drop off to IMA June 29 , Thursday 10am - 5pm
Opening Reception July 2, Sunday 2pm - 4pm
Exhibit Close & Pick Up August 2, Wednesday 10am - 5pm
Non-refundable entry fees - Maximum of 4 entries
EPAA or IMA Members:
$25 - 1 entry
$35 - 2 entries
$45 - 3 entries
$55 - 4 entries
$35 - 1 entry
$45 - 2 entries
$55 - 3 entries
$65 - 4 entries
Enter and pay online at www.elpasoartassociation.com
Entry must be completed online. However, payment may be made by mail to EPAA - 500 W. Paisano, El Paso, TX 79901
Checks payable to El Paso Art Association Money Order (US dollars), Regardless of payment method entries must still be submitted online.
· Best in Show $400
· Best Digital $200
· Best Digitally Manipulated $200
· Best B&W $200
· Judge’s Awards: $50
· El Paso Scene Cover Award picked by Randy Limbird $100
· More awards to come. . .
Judge: Bree Lamb
Judge’s award decision will be final. Multiple entries of any photographer may be accepted & receive awards at the judge’s discretion.
Juror #1: Federico Villalba
Juror #2: Roger Spencer Jones
· Jurors will be solely responsible for the acceptance into the exhibit through a scoring process.
Submit one to four images at www.elpasoartassociation.com
Ethics in standard for this show:
Any entry considered offensive, pornographic or not meeting exhibi-tion criteria may be rejected at the sole discretion of the Exhibition Committee members.
Photography from the following three categories will be accepted:
B. Digitally Manipulated
C. Black & White
· Entries must be submitted in JPEG format. Image size must be a minimum of 300 dpi and a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side. Final framed artwork should be no smaller than 11”x14” and no larger than 30”x40” in size.
· All artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped and ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers) and free of dust and finger prints. Plexiglas type covering must be used on works that are shipped. The Exhibition Committee has the right to refuse artwork which does not meet size and framing specifications.
· Labels must be placed in the lower left hand corner on the back of all pieces and must include: Exhibitor’s Name, Title, Category, Price
· Images may not have been shown at the IMA or the Crossland Gallery in the last year or in last years IEOTC.
· All accepted artwork must be for sale. The International Museum of Art will retain a 40% commission on all sales. The IMA will collect and pay state sales tax.
· All photographers whose work is accepted shall be available to participate in publicity efforts, if requested. The artist agrees that his or her name may be used in advertising and promoting of the event.
While the artist reserves the copyright and all rights to the reproduction of the works, the artist consents to the use of reproductions of the works for promotional purposes, at the sole discretion of the Exhibition Committee.
· Only designated members of the Exhibition Committee who are not entered in the show may be present during judging for awards.
· Awards will be made based on the sole evaluation of the judge.
· Photographers are encouraged to attend the opening reception and invite friends and family.
· All artwork must be removed on the date(s) designated for pick up, at the time(s) designated. A $5 per day/per piece storage fee will be assessed for artwork not picked up by these dates.
· It is the artist’s responsibility to provide his/her insurance during the exhibition if they so choose. The IMA and EPAA with their officers, employees and agents, nor any of the sponsors, in-kind sponsors, nor any and all others involved with the exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage to any artwork. The rules and specifications as expressed in this Prospectus apply only to International Eye of the Camera 2017 and supersede all other rules, published or implied.
· Artists are responsible for ALL shipping costs. A PREPAID return shipping label MUST be provided in package. Deliver to IMA.
Become a member today:
El Paso Art Association - 500 West Paisano 79901
International Museum of Art - 1211 Montana 79902