CALL FOR ART
The West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission calls for emerging as well as established artists residing in Chicago and the Chicagoland area to participate in the annual Artéculture multimedia art exhibition. Organized in conjunction with Blooming Fest, an annual gardening festival, Artéculture seeks to equally foster the art scene in the western suburbs.
Proceeds from this exhibition go to People Made Visible's Artist in Residency Program (http://westchicago.org/artist-in-residence/).
Opening Reception/Preview Night: Friday, May 19, 2017- 6 - 9 p.m.
Main Event: Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Art Space Location: Gallery 200, 103 W. Washington Street, West Chicago, IL 60185
- Open to artists of all ages residing in the Chicagoland area (including Chicago).
- 2D art must be ready to hang, preferably framed with a sturdy wire.
- 3D art must be able to enter through a regular sized doorway.
- 4D art must be installed by the artist prior to the opening reception.
- There is a $5 hang fee for each piece of art. There is a limit of 2 works of art per artist. No commissions will be taken for artwork sold through this exhibition. CASH ONLY, PLEASE.
- All artists must sign a Waiver of Responsibility for the artwork and a Hold Harmless Waiver for their participation upon drop off.
- Artwork must be delivered to Gallery 200, 103 W. Washington Street on Thursday or Friday, May 11 or 12, 2017 from 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. If necessary, arrangements may be made for drop off earlier that week.
- The public will choose one overall People’s Choice Winner. The Cultural Arts Commission will choose one adult and one student art piece for Honorable Mention.
- Artwork must be picked up at the end of the exhibition on Saturday, May 20, 2017 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. If necessary, arrangements may be made to pick up at a later date.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.