All Community Mediation Inquiry Form submissions are confidential.
• Mediation is a voluntary process.
• Both disputing parties must agree to attempt to mediate before the process can move forward.
• Both parties must sign a confidentiality form which covers the entire mediation process.
• Mediation is a non-legal and informal process where two disputing parties come to an agreement with the help of a neutral third party, or mediator.
• The mediator does not take sides, but instead facilitates a negotiation process so both parties can come to a mutual resolution.
• You are in control of the mediation. At any time you are free to end the process.
• Mediation services are currently free and provided by a grant from Los Angeles County's Dispute Resolution Program.
• Mediators are not attorneys and mediation services cannot provide legal advice.
• If you have a pending court case you can still potentially participate in mediation. Please indicate your case number in the appropriate boxes below.
All inquiries will be reviewed and responded to in no later than 5 business days.