1. The exhibition is open to all artists.
2. FEE: A non-refundable entry fee of $10 (members) or $15 (non-members) per work must accompany the entry form.
3. No entries or alterations to entries will be accepted after the catalogue has been compiled.
4. Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath:
a. Delivery of works: 9.00am–1.00pm Wednesday 27th September 2017
b. Collection of works: 4–5pm Monday 2nd or 10am–12noon Tuesday 3rd October 2017
UNSOLD WORKS CANNOT BE COLLECTED BEFORE 4PM MONDAY
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entry must
a. be for sale and at a price no less than $200
b. be an original work by the entrant completed in the last 12 months
c. not have been shown in any previous Blackheath Art Society exhibition
d. not exceed size limit (see 5f)
e. have the entrant’s name, the title and year the work was created clearly marked on the back.
f. be limited to two (2) works per artist, not exceeding a TOTAL area of 1.8sqm (including frame). Due to space limitations, 3D works will be accepted at the discretion of the Exhibition Coordinator.
6. FRAMING AND PRESENTATION:
a. works must be dry, ready to hang, with no projections
b. works must be strung using D-rings ONLY (eyelets or wire will NOT be accepted), no lower than one-third from the top of the work. Stringing should be coated wire or cord. Please tell your framer these specifications.
c. any artwork requiring repair or deemed unsuitable for hanging will be rejected.
d. for works under glass ensure matts and glass are clean and that backs have been taped and sealed to cover framing pins.
7. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
8. GST: It is the personal responsibility of artists, other than hobbyists, to send the
appropriate contribution to the Australian Tax Office if their work is sold.
9. CURATING: The Blackheath Art Society committee reserves the right to:
a. select the works to be shown, with such decisions being final
b. determine the way in which the selected works are hung
c. publish images of prize-winning works for BAS marketing and advertising purposes.
10. Works not selected for hanging are to be collected at normal collection time.
11. The judge’s decision is final.
12. INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility is accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected by the nominated date on the entry form.
13. INDEMNITY: By signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach of copyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.
14. Submission of the entry form signifies that you have read and accepted these conditions of entry.