Workshop Date: Saturday, September 30th 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Windsong Innerspace, 2201 W I 44 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(This location is a meditation center, participants will be asked to remove shoes and turn off all cell phones before entering the building)
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Cost: $40 per family for current Mamaste Yoga students
$50 per family if not currently enrolled in a Mamaste Yoga class.
Who: Pregnant Women and their Labor Support Team
(Husband, Partner, Sister, Doula, Mother, Friend...)
One yoga mat per couple
Water to Drink
65 cm exercise ball (required) - This can be purchased online or at a local sporting goods store. Any brand if fine. Bring your ball already inflated.
This workshop is for pregnant women and their birth partners who want to learn how to use yoga breathing, movements and comfort measures for labor and birth.
- Overview of the role of the nervous system in labor and birth
- Labor breathing practice
- Necessary elements for coping well in labor
- Massage and yoga movements for comfort in labor
- How to use a birthball in labor
- What to do if you have back labor
- Labor checklist for partners