SERVICE DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
*Title holder for the Certificate of Liability Insurance should be:
Trinity Warranty Solutions, LLC
150 Pierce Road, Suite 600, Itasca, IL 60143
DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE- Distributor to complete information
The undersigned coolCARE distributor hereby executes this Agreement for the purpose of certifying that it believes that the Dealer named herein can meet the dealer obligations outlined in the DSA.
*For net terms distributor accounts. Distributor email completed application to email@example.com
DEALER SERVICE AGREEMENT HVAC AND PLUMBING
1. Authorized Service Dealer, upon request, will perform service and repair work on HVAC and Plumbing equipment for Trinity Warranty contract holders when contract holders have a claim. The Service Dealer agrees to charge the manufacturer for labor and parts whenever they are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Trinity Warranty will not begin labor payment before the 91st day of receipt of contract sale. It is very important for you to know if the consumer’s contract covers both part(s) and labor or if it covers only the part(s) or only the labor. If only one part(s) or labor is covered, it should be clearly stated on the consumer’s contract.
2. Authorized Service Dealer must agree to perform the needed service and to repair the unit protected by Trinity Warranty as efficiently and reasonably as possible. Service shops must give a minimum of 90 days guarantee on labor and honor the standard manufacturer’s warranty on parts they install. No claims for service parts or labor are paid until after manufacturer’s warranty has been completed.
3. Authorized Service Dealer must not make any repair on a Trinity Warranty contract without first checking the warranty date and terms of coverage. Prior authorization is required for the following repairs or replacement; Compressor, Heat Exchanger, and Coil. Only items covered by the warranty are subject for payment.
4. Trinity Warranty requires that the following must be included on all claims.
a. Servicer name, complete address and phone number;
b. Customer’s name, complete address and phone number;
c. Registration number, type and length of contract;
d. Type of unit covered (such as condensing unit, furnace, compressor, etc.) and size of unit;
e. Product manufacturer, model number and serial number;
f. Date unit was purchased;
g. Date of service;
h. Nature of problem (symptoms);
i. Type of service performed;
j. List of part numbers used (even if still under manufacturer’s warranty);
k. Itemized list of charges;
l. Copy of distributor’s invoice on all major parts replacements; and
m. Customer’s and service signature on all service/repair tickets must be kept on file by the dealer and made available to Trinity Warranty on request.
5. If any of the information outlined in Section 4 is missing, then the claim may be returned for additional information.
6. Part invoice must accompany all claims for repairs of compressors and semihermetic compressors. Parts invoice and credit for old compressor must accompany claims for all compressors and all factory rebuilt compressors.
7. “No problem found” calls are not covered. The consumer pays for such calls.
8. Trinity Warranty contracts do not provide for two men per truck labor rates on residential products. Two men on roof mount and large ground mount units are covered for compressor replacement only.
9. Trinity Warranty agrees to pay actual part costs and the stated contractor mark-up on parts out of manufacturer’s warranty. Parts may be requested to be returned to Trinity Warranty for evaluation. Service labor is based on factory rate on service calls and labor and is competitive with approved area service rate. A copy of your current labor charges must be attached to this agreement.
10. All service work must be done during normal working hours. No after hours, weekend and holiday overtime allowed. Standard day rates will be paid.
11. Notify Trinity Warranty immediately of any labor changes, dealer agrees to provide at minimum 30 days advance notice of a rate change and the new rates are subject to Trinity Warranty approval. Current rates must be on file at all times. All invoices will be paid according to current approved rate on file.
12. Contracts can be sold on equipment less than two (2) years of age as through it were new with the term based off of the original install date and the rate not prorated.
13. Authorized Service Dealer agrees Trinity Warranty may verify, if they desire, directly with the customer or holder of the contract, work performed for which the claim has been filed. Random audits will be performed.
14. Trinity Warranty will pay Authorized Service Dealer $1.00 per mile up to 30 miles one way outside the Service Provider’s normal trade area. Defined as outside a 30 mile radius of the Service Provider’s shop or office.
15. Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of service.
16. Trinity Warranty reserves the right to assign contracts to other registered service dealer(s) if any of the following conditions are met: (a) service dealer fails to perform service work when requested to do so by Trinity Warranty or the consumer, (b) service dealer ceases to operate as a business, (c) consumer requests such assignment to Trinity Warranty Solutions.
17. This agreement may be terminated by either party at any time upon sixty (60) days’ written notice to the other party.
18. In the event of any grounds for default or termination, Trinity Warranty shall provide written notice to service dealer and request them to cure the default. If, within three working days of notice, the service dealer has not cured such default or provided Trinity Warranty with adequate assurances that the default will be cured, then Trinity Warranty reserves the right to assign the contract(s) to another registered service dealer. In the event of assignment or termination, Trinity Warranty shall not be liable to the service dealer for any damages arising out of said assignment or termination, including but not limited to lost profits or revenues.
CONTRACTOR MARK UP OF REPLACEMENT PARTS
PART COST MARK UP TABLE [for mark-up only use: (factor * cost) – cost]
For portal and customer declaration documents.