When entering the Media Center without a class, you will need to have a Pass. A teacher signed pass with your name is required. You must also sign in when you enter and sign out when you exit the Media Center.
Please read cafefully.
1. I accept responsibility for materials I checkout. I may lose my checking out privileges IF I check out materials for another student OR IF I have someone else check out items for me.
2. I understand that the date due card indicates the book's due date and must remain in the book pocket. They are essential for checking out items. If these items are lost, there will be damage charges. Damage characes on items are on an individual basis.
3. If I have any Media Center obligations, I understand that I can only borrow books from the "HONOR SYSTEM BASKET." I am to return these books to the media center when I finish reading them so others can borrow them.
4. THERE WILL BE NO FINES FOR OVERDUE ITEMS.
5. I will learn during orientation the purpose of the SECURITY SYSTEM. If I try to manipulate the system in any way, I understand that I may be disciplined.
6. I will only use Internet if my parent or guardian did not sign a form stating that I am not allowed to use Internet. I will not check my email on the computers in the media center.
7. I will check out all materials at the CIRCULATION DESK. I MUST RETURN ALL ITEMS TO THE RETURN BOOK DROP SLOT located at the circulation desk. I should never leave the media center materials outside, on tables in the dining room or unattended. I understand that I must pay for any item(s) that might "disappear" if I am neglectful.
8. I understand that assistance will be given to me to locate whatever I need. Use of the center is a PRIVILEGE, which I should not abuse. I need to be considerate to MY PEERS to ensure that the atmosphere is maintained for STUDYING, READING, CREATING, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, BORROWING MATERIALS, etc. I understand that my behavior will be monitored and disruptive students will be asked to leave.