1. In an IF Function the required arguments are......
2. Which of the following formulas would find the sum of the cells in column J betweenrows 1 and 8 in an Excel spreadsheet?
3. Which of the following is the correct syntax for the COUNTIF function?
4. What is the correct forumla to calculate an average between cells B3 and B6?
5. Which function does not exist in Excel's function library?
6. Which Excel feature can be used to keep user desired rows or columns visible atall times when scrolling around the sheet?
7. How do you change column width to fit the contents?
8. If you see the following in a cell: "######". This means that....
9. In order to multiply in Excel you would use the following....
10. Which function would you use to find the largest number of a selected range?
11. What Excel feature was used to input the note to the user in the screenshot below?
12. How many columns have been filtered in the screenshot below?
13. How is the function COUNTA different from the function COUNT?
14. What will be the result of the formula in cell B6?
15. The VLOOKUP function in D3 will have the following answer (note that thelast '1' could also say True
16. If the result of a formula is #N/A, you can improve the formula by using a combination of which functions?
17. How do I make the formatting of cell A1 look like the formatting of cell A3?
18. In order to force the user to input only given values (as in the screenshot below), which functionality would you use ?
19. To highlight all values between a given range in a list, you will use which functionality ?
20. If you had to find the 9th largest value in a list of values, you would use which function / functionality?
1. Six electronic items are stacked in a cupboard divided into several racks.Cellphone is in the rack right above the Ipod and the Laptop is in the rackright below the Food warmer. Food warmer is in the rack right above theCellphone and the Ipod shares the rack with the Headphones. Coffee brewingmachine is kept on the lowest rack. Which item is on the topmost rack?
2. In the above example, which two items share a rack?
3. Five swimmers — A, B, C, D, E — participated in a competition. A lost to B but beatC. D beat E but failed to beat C. Which swimmer won the competition?
4. In the above question which swimmer came second-last?
5. Laura loves to eat apple but not the banana while John loves to eat mango and thebanana. Kim loves to eat mango but not the apple and Jim loves to eat bananabut not the mango. If each child loves to eat two of the three fruits, whichone has the same preference as John?
6. C is north of A. B is northwest of A. D is due east of B. If D is southeast of C, what is D of A?
7. A is 3 times the value of B. B is one and a half times the value of C. C is equal to 2. What is the value of A?
8. Five cars has a race. The Honda beat the Dodge but couldn't overtake the SmartCar. The Mini failed to overtake the Audi but beat the SmartCar. Which car came last?
9. In the above race, which car came third?
10. A man drove from Cambridge to Toronto. Shortly after passing through Easter he stopped for coffee at Brighton which was the halfway point on his journey. Which is the longest distance?
11. Joan, Emmanuel, Andrew & Angela sit in this order in a row left to right. Janet changes places with Eric and then Eric changes places with Marcus. Whos is at the right end of the row?
12. If MUCH is more than LESS. LESS is more than MANY. FEW is more than LESS. MORE is more than FEW but less than MUCH. Which is the largest?
13. There are five books A, B, C, D and E placed on a table. If A is placed below E, C is placed above D, B is placed below A and D is placed above E, then which of the following books touches the surface of the table ?
(1) Rectangle represents Males, (2) Circle represents the urbans (3) Square represents the educated and (4) Triangle represents the civil servants.
14. Which number represents uneducated urban males?
15. Which number indicates the educated civil servants who are males but not urbans ?
16. If PALE is coded as 2134, EARTH is coded as 41590, how can is PEARL be coded in that language?
17. Identify the odd one out
18. Identify the odd one out
19. If X is twice the value of Z, but halve the value of Y and Z is equal to 30, then what is the value of Y ?
20. In a family of 8 brothers Tim was born first. John is the second youngest. Adam is the middle child. Peter and Paul are twins and younger than Chris. Chris was born just after Adam. Mike and Steve are younger than Tim but older than Adam. The twins are.....
1. The rate of ............ has been fluctuating wildly this week
2. The snow was ......... heavily when I left the house
3. I can't find my keys anywhere - I ...... have left them at work
4. The scheme will be ......... into the school curriculum at the beginning of next academic year
5. Today the Government is ......... plans for a new scheme to help society
6. The question must always be in the mind of the writer whether what is being written is likely to ......... a threat to the safety of the community at large
7. We often hear that such and such a piece of information cannot be released into the public ......... in the interest of national security
8. The government has to show that its actions are in everybody's interest and that it is ......... of all its citizens
9. Banks currently find themselves in a ......... situation because they try to please the savers and also the borrowers and yet one group is always going to lose
10. I am proud to say that I taught my wife and my two sons to drive and they all ......... the test the first time
11. I could say that we are having a wonderful time but that would be ......... from the truth
12. I am sure I could very easily ......... all the requirements of the job
13. Dear Sir, having read your advertisement, I should like to ......... this letter as my application for the post of marketing manager
14. I can ......... you that the duties are not in any way complicated
15. I wish that I............all those sweets before dinner. I don't feel hungry now
16. There's a wonderful smell in the kitchen. Somebody must ............ food for my party
17. You come from France, ................. ?
18. When she got to hospital they found that she............her leg
19. The farmhouse was so isolated that they had to generate their own electricity ............
20. Marianne seemed to take ...... at my comments on her work
This meat is beautifully ……… - what recipe did you use?
Please don’t forget to ring me when you ……… home
If you .......... get a move on, we'll miss our connection