The following people must take both Safeguarding God’s People and Safeguarding God’s Children:
• All active clergy (rectors, associates, supply, deacons, etc.)
• All paid personnel whether employed in areas of ministry or other kinds of services by the diocese, its congregations, schools or other agencies.
• All members of church leadership (including but not limited to members of the vestry, wardens, and those who serve on Diocesan committees).
The following people must take at least Safeguarding God’s Children:
• All people who work with children or youth in the parish or a parish activity.
Some specific examples include the following:
• All church school or Sunday school staff
• Children’s or youth choir directors
• Organists who work with children or youth.
• Lay youth ministers.
• Volunteer youth directors.
• All who work or assist in the nursery, whether teen or adult.
• All staff, whether volunteer or paid, at church camps.
• Adults who participate in overnight activities with children or youth.
Note: after you complete the online portion of Safeguarding God’s Children you will need to complete the Parish Certification Form with your supervisor.
The following people must take at least Safeguarding God’s People:
• All members of congregations serving in licensed ministries.