2014 Institute on Social Justice Dialogue Group Facilitators Application
ACPA – College Student Educators International will host the Institute on Social Justice November 9 – 11, 2014 at beautiful Seattle University in Seattle, Washington. We are seeking experienced social justice educators to serve as Dialogue Group Facilitators (DGF) at the 2014 Institute on Social Justice. This is an exciting opportunity to support the growth and development of attendees as well as network with other facilitators.
About The Institute on Social Justice: The Institute on Social Justice offers you an opportunity to learn or refine ways to address the challenges of infusing social justice into your everyday activities and conversations from experts in the field. This group of insightful and experienced speakers will also share their wisdom and expertise. You will learn about cutting edge and innovative campus programs and will be provided resources to help you implement or reshape programs back on your home campus. Additionally, it is an opportunity for us all to learn from one another. We have designed an experience that gets at the heart of social justice issues while also offering tangible tools to help you leverage social justice education on your campus. By educating ourselves and our students, we can create a just global society where every person is valued. Go here for more information.
Overview of the role of Dialogue Group Facilitators (DGFs)
● Provide support, coaching, and mentoring to a small group of Institute attendees
● Meet 4-5 times with your dialogue group at scheduled times during the Institute to discuss reflections, lessons learned, learning edges, and action plans
● Participate in a half day training on Saturday, November 8th from 4pm – 8pm. (with dinner)
● Meet with the DGF team several times during the Institute.
● DGFs will meet at the end of the Institute to give feedback and say good-bye!
Benefits to serving as a Dialogue Group Facilitator (DGF)
● Help facilitate the continuing development of the next generations of social justice educators
● Challenge yourself as a facilitator and learn new best practices, tools and strategies!
● 50% of the Institute registration is compensated as a thank you for your contributions
Important Dialogue Group Facilitation Information: All selected Dialogue Group Facilitators will have 50% of their Institute registration fee waived. If you are interested in participating in this role at the 2014 Institute on Social Justice, please submit an application by March 14, 2014. We will be scheduling Skype/phone interviews OR in-person interviews at the ACPA Convention in Indianapolis with each applicant as part of the selection process to provide an opportunity to go into further detail about the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of DGFs. All interviews should be completed by April 11, and decisions will be made by April 18. Applicants will be notified of their application status after April 18.. Selected DGFs will be expected to participate in an online training series, which will take place monthly from May – October.
Application Due Date: March 14, 2014
In-Person Interviews at 2014 ACPA Convention in Indianapolis by appointment.
Phone/Skype Interviews during the week of April 7, 2014.
Applicants Informed of Decisions: April 18, 2014
Online Training Series: May – October. Times and Dates TBD. Each will be approximately 60 minutes.