Please read this before completing the application form. Failure to present the following documents as per the brief below will result in the application being rejected and you having to re-apply.
You will need TWO Full Member Sponsors if applying for Full, Supplementary or Associate Membership Please ensure that your sponsors are FULL members of AMPS, as only Full members can sponsor Membership Applications. Your Sponsors will be required to submit a COMPREHENSIVE written letter of recommendation on behalf of yourself for consideration by Council and must be attached to your application. Please advise them that the AMPS Membership Secretary will contact them shortly by email. AMPS requires an emailed confirmation of their sponsorship of you before your application can be presented to the AMPS Council.
- The letter HAS to be written by the sponsor themselves and using their own words. The applicant can NOT just pre-write a text for the sponsor to sign.
- The letter must be more than just a few words saying they are happy to sponsor you. A
comprehensive letter of recommendation to include as minimum the following information:
- Has the sponsor been approached by you ahead of submitting this application and do they agree to vouch for you?
- Do they know you personally and have they worked with you? If so, can they share any
thoughts and comments regarding their work with you and highlight any qualities and attributes that would make you a good addition to AMPS.
- Any further comments or insights from the sponsor that they may want to add regarding your application will be appreciated too.
If you are unable to secure the number of Full Member sponsors stipulated in the above categories, Council may nevertheless consider your application if it is accompanied by a verified c.v. and one or more internet links or email addresses for an appropriate person, e.g. senior technician, director, producer or employer, with whom you have worked. Council will consider the application on an individual basis, and its decision shall be final.