SUMMER HOUSING GUIDELINES
Housing Fee: $75/week
· ALL students MUST vacate summer housing by Sunday, August 18, 2013. The Facilities department needs 2-3 weeks to prepare housing for the fall term. Please plan your departure accordingly to avoid additional charges.
· Students are NOT required to stay on-campus in the summer. It is your choice to request summer housing.
· You will be billed from the time you pick up your key, until the time it is returned. So ensure that you check out properly at Campus Safety or Residential Life.
· Any portion of a week constitutes a charge of $75. There is no pro-rated (daily) billing for summer housing.
· Weeks must be consecutive – for example, you may not select Weeks 1 & 2, skip Week 3, then select Week 4; you would have to select Weeks 1-4. If the room is held for you, you must pay for it.
· Space may be limited and priority will be given to students who have Academic commitments.
· Any summer housing resident who will not be a current Union student must pay the $75/week charge at the time housing is granted, for whatever portion of the summer they will be here. Non-payment of the full amount will disqualify you for housing. Current students will be billed on their account.
· Students will be notified by Residential Life if they were approved for housing, where they will be living, and when they can move from their spring-term housing. Summer housing assignments will be sent out around Friday June 7, 2013.
· Dining Services will allow summer students to have a declining balance account on their card and eat in the dining halls (Dutch and Upper) when they are open (for other summer programs that might be on campus). There will be a calendar available when we know of the dates.
· Summer Housing will be in North and South Colleges and Breazzano. There will be a limited amount of single rooms available, but mostly double rooms, so please plan to have a roommate. Students here for summer housing will have access to all kitchens in both North and South Colleges.
Turning in an application DOES NOT guarantee that you will be given summer housing.