Thank you for your interest in this position. The Centers for Quality Teaching and Learning is searching for an Instructional Specialist to develop and deliver school-based staff development. K-12 teaching eperienced is required. Advanced degree/NBCT preferred, but not required. Flexible. Arkansas based. In state and out of state travel required. Background should include curriculum design, instructional technology.
Instructional Specialists provide professional learning for participants in the QTL leadership and instructional technology integration models for administrators, K-12 teachers and university faculty. Develop professional development processes and help promote these processes to schools and districts. Required: minimum 3 to 5 years demonstrated, exemplary classroom teaching experience; valid teaching license in any field; and understanding of instructional technology and school leadership. Experience teaching adults strongly desired. To learn more about the QTL program, visit our web site at www.qtlcenters.org ... and www.explornet.net
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Primarily responsible for the delivery of QTL professional development for leadership and/or teachers as assigned. Such assignments will involve travel to school sites for follow-up and support. Travel could be in-state or out-of-state, for up to a week at a time (seldom).
· Act in the role of instructor and site facilitator.
· Promote the QTL program in the district through meetings, presentations, and other types of communications.
· Prepare all materials for instruction including supplies for participants, data files and templates, equipment, and instructor resources.
· Work with the QTL program staff, as a member of the QTL partnership network, for continuous improvement, development and revisions of QTL professional development models for school leaders and faculties..
· Other responsibilities will include the following: maintain various records, submit timely reports and perform administrative duties as needed; attend and participate in instructor work sessions and conference calls, as well as successfully complete the QTL certification process.
· Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Minimum three (3) to five (5) years exemplary classroom teaching experience and a valid teaching license in any field. Must offer demonstrated, excellent classroom teaching skills and techniques. Experience teaching adults desired.
· Ability to organize time, prioritize projects, duties, and responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner and maintain flexibility.
· Ability to effectively communicate with educators and other QTL team members and support personnel is essential.
· Ability to think "out of the box". Mentally flexible and agile. Ability to work in a team environment as a team player, share ideas and set goals are key to this position.
· Must be a self-starter, able to raise "red flags", have proven initiative and ability to work alone without constant supervision, as well as follow through on suggestions or concerns.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the ability to lift 25-35 lbs. (i.e. educational supplies, books, manuals and peripheral equipment) unassisted is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.