The USA Rugby Nominations Committee is currently seeking candidates for two At-Large Director positions on USA Rugby's nine-member Board of Directors - for a four-year term beginning June 8, 2013. (Pete Seccia is eligible for another term, but Bill Middleton is not eligible to serve another term at this time.)
The USA Rugby Board is responsible for oversight of the strategic direction of USA Rugby and for assisting in the development of the financial resources, contacts and partnerships that will facilitate USA Rugby in reaching its objectives. The Board works closely with the CEO/President of Rugby Operations in overseeing the implementation of the organization’s strategic and operational plans.
SPECIFICATION FOR AT-LARGE BOARD DIRECTORS
Candidates should have an intense interest in sport of rugby. They should be persons of considerable personal achievement on and off the sporting field, and should bring to USA Rugby their passion, dedication, knowledge, experience and personal networks in a variety of key areas, including but not limited to the following:
- A passion for American and International amateur and professional sports.
- An ability to raise money and develop and manage financial resources for sporting organizations.
- Access to sporting, business, political, social, educational, international and other relevant networks and contacts to assist USA Rugby reach new levels.
- Experience in sports marketing, corporate sponsorship and event management.
- Knowledge of media access.
- Experience in creating growth, implementing strategic sporting plans, and leading major organizations.
- Knowledge of contracts and related legal matters.
- The financial resources to pay expenses for four to six meetings per year for a period of four years. Meetings are held throughout the United States.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
If you believe you meet these specifications and are interested in becoming a Board member, or you know someone who is, please attach a resume, vitae, and/or detailed bio, along with a black and white photo with this form. Or send them to the USA Rugby Nominations Committee
NO LATER THAN April 10, 2013
, c/o Shannon Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org. While email communication is strongly preferred, Shannon Emery may also be reached by phone at 303-539-0300 x109.
I nominate the following person to serve as At-Large Director: